Monday, May 16, 2011

Beginning At The Beginning


Welcome to a world too magical to be our own, and too horrible to be anything other than our own.

I am Sean McGuire, and on October 20, 2011, I am self-publishing The Kingdom: The Quest¸ first part of The Kingdom Trilogy. This blog will follow my own quest to perfect what I have been working on for four years. I will share my progress, my joys, fears, and doubts. I will share the history of how The Kingdom Trilogy came into being. Every once in a while, I’ll share some details about the plot.

For now, here are the basics. The Kingdom: The Quest tells of Arman, a timid young man, who discovers three things from an old man. First, Arman is the heir of a royal dynasty that is no longer supposed to exist. Second, an ancient enemy has returned who is also no longer supposed to exist. Third, the old man is no man at all. He is Menemaeus, defender of Arman’s world, and he wants Arman to ride out as a herald to warn everyone about the enemy, the Nameless One.

Arman accepts, and throws himself into a madness that he could never have imagined, not in his worst nightmares. Are you ready to watch a world fall apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment